Pages

5 Feb 2014

the killer draft

image by me, illustration by me...

So my new plan is to work in the evening, to design, blog, make, plan, do and organise after the kids are in bed. And it's tough. I'm lucky to grab an hour or two a couple of evenings a week before I have to drag myself to bed. Griff is teething and not sleeping well right now, which of course means that I'm not sleeping well either. But it is lovely, having an hour or two in the evenings for myself. I feel so content sat at my little desk in a quiet room with a candle on and no one shouting 'MUMMY! I NEED YOU!' Bliss. Our new desk is in it's place in the corner of the middle room. It's very compact and leaves much more space than the last desk to use the rest of the room as we want. But the draft there from the floorboards is beyond cold. It's Arctic. The other night my feet got so icy I got chilblains. And I'm not a person who feels the cold now that I'm a dress size up on 2008. Bloody baby weight. And, erm, bloody cheese.

Anyway, the cold corner. Tonight I'm clever enough to wear slippers.

And a cashmere cardigan helps.

And a hotwater bottle.

And a cup of tea.

And now I'm toasty.

And ready to work...

So I guess that's the cue to sign off.

Bye!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like me on an average lunchtime ... can't justify putting the heating on for just me at home ... so I wrap up similarly and fill a hot water bottle for heat ... the trials of being a stay at home mum ;) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine bought me sheepskin boot slippers, best thing ever for those pesky drafts ... not to mention the gale force drafts currently blowing their way through every crack and crevice in the house. Hope you haven't all blown away in these storms! x

    ReplyDelete