Pages

22 Nov 2012

a head start on goals for December

 

I don't want to jump the gun here, but I know how time flies and you can bet that those people who get Christmas all wrapped up with their home made goodies and bulging diaries don't start the planning on December 17th. Oh no, in fact they've probably left suckers like me wayyyy behind already. Every year I have these plans and every year I fail to achieve at least half of them. This year is going to be different, right? Right.

So here are my Christmas goals...

make some gorgeous gifts for my girl friends

I have some ideas for this brewing. Just have to order some stuff and I'll be ready to rock. 

have a Xmas soiree

A small one, but a very Christmassy one. 

make something sweet I can wrap up in little cellophane parcels and tie with festive bows

Thinking of toffee... or truffles... or fudge...

go a carol concert

Easy! I love a good ol' sing along. Got plenty of lovely ones to choose from.

go to a Christmassy show

With my girl. Just got to choose which one.

buy handmade

Yep, I have been snooping around on Etsy this very morning.

decorate my window with snow flakes

A bit like how Buddy would in Elf. Only less.

go and see Father Christmas on his train

Booked and eagerly anticipated. Here.

I have purposely kept my list short and achievable to prevent the likely outcome of me looking and feeling like a tit when I fail to cross them off. I should be able to achieve these few goals easily enough leaving plenty of time and space to attempt some other lovely seasonal things I have in mind.

What are your goals for this festive season? Are you making, doing or trying anything new or special? If so then get to it now! It's closer than we think.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your list of Christmas goals. I too am hoping to buy and make handmade gifts this year - though probably more the buying! I was thinking about a christmas show with my little girl too, we went to one last year for the first time and she really loved it. Like your idea of decorating the windows with snowflakes too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love planning for December! My diary is already crammed full of fun stuff, so I must try to stay organised too!

    ReplyDelete